Announcements

Free Referee Starter Kits for New 2020 Grassroots Referees

on

For the 2nd consecutive year, Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) has implemented a program geared to NEW referees who are 16 years of age and under.  There are 300 FREE referee starter kits available for new youth referees who qualify.

This is an excellent promotional idea for some clubs and a way to recruit new youth officials. The new referee MUST complete all steps of the online certification courses, pass the test, attend their field training event, and receive their new USSF ID number to be eligible.

Each eligible referee will be sent a voucher number, to be used to order their referee starter kit from Score.  Any email from the State Referee Administrator (SRA) is sent to the newly registered referee when the new USSF ID number is assigned and received from US Soccer. All voucher information is listed in the email.

This grant was obtained from Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) and addition funds were added by FLSRC.

Recommended for you

20 Comments

1. Candice Zabala

September 6, 2019 at 4:37 pm

Hello my son is signed up and we would love to get one of these free uniforms you are offering. What exactly does he need to do?

2. Bryan Lopes

September 8, 2019 at 8:34 pm

I was wondering who I can get into contact regarding the free kit. It says only for those under 16 years of age but was hoping there could be some vouchers sent to those who are older to assist as well. Please let me know who I can speak with regarding this. Thanks!

3. Caleb Perez

September 15, 2019 at 2:17 pm

I have completed all the requirements, but have not received a voucher code yet. Any idea what i can do to fix this?

4. Nathaniel M huron

September 16, 2019 at 10:40 am

how do I receive the voucher?

5. Nick D Hasting

September 16, 2019 at 2:21 pm

Hello! I am 12 years old and I would like to become an AR. If I complete the course today, how long will it take until i can AR a Recreational soccer game and get my kit? Thank You!

6. Nick D Hasting

September 18, 2019 at 9:35 am

Hello! I am 12 years old, Can I become an Assistant Ref and not be the center ref? Or do you need to be 13 to do both AR and Center Ref?

• FLSRC Communications

September 27, 2019 at 8:02 am

Read referee requirements

7. Anna

September 25, 2019 at 1:59 pm

Is the free uniform kit for re-certification also?

• FLSRC Communications

September 27, 2019 at 8:02 am

The announcement states NEW referees not re-certification and ages 16 and under. This is the FYSA requirement for the grant.

8. Jonathan Morel

September 29, 2019 at 1:50 pm

Similar question. My son has completed all the requirements and has his ID number. How can he get the voucher so he can get his first uniform? He is anxious to start! Thanks.

9. Jonathan Morel

September 30, 2019 at 3:19 pm

Hello, my 14 yr old son completed all the requirements to be a new ref and has his new ID number. How does he get the info on the starter uniform? He has not received any emails since the course on 9/21. He’s anxious to get started. Thanks.

10. Alex

September 30, 2019 at 9:30 pm

My son (13) completed the online as well as the in-person clinic on September 15th. Do you know when/if he will be sent the voucher for the free referee kit? He has his USSF number also.
    Thanks!

• FLSRC Communications

October 3, 2019 at 12:15 pm

• Jonathan Morel

October 3, 2019 at 9:24 pm

Yes, thank you, we understand that is what is supposed to happen. However, the USSF ID number was assigned 10 days ago, yet no email has been received. Is there a POC I can call to follow up on this? Thank you.

• Alex

October 4, 2019 at 10:35 pm

My son got that email on September 18th, but it contained no information about the free starter kit. It contained his USSF number and his verification of completing the courses.
        Is there someone I can contact directly?
        We are in the Tallahassee area if that narrows it down.
        Thanks

11. Alex

October 8, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Is there someone I can contact directly?
    We are in the Tallahassee, FL area if that narrows it down.
    Thanks

12. James

October 14, 2019 at 3:20 pm

Have all of the vouchers been sent out?

• FLSRC Communications

October 14, 2019 at 3:33 pm

Still some vouchers left and are being sent out with the new registrations.

13. Nicole

November 12, 2019 at 5:32 am

My daughter is a new referee and lost her badge. I’ve searched every page of this site and sent an email without a reply. Does anyone know how to get a replacement badge?

• FLSRC Communications

November 12, 2019 at 11:24 am

“How to get a replacement badge?” Thank you for the suggestion. It is now on the FLSRC Library Documents page. Follow this direct link: http://ussoccer.force.com/referee/ . Read FAQ for replacement badge.